Three reports from three different monitors; same model

Home Forums General Discussion Three reports from three different monitors; same model

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

J Johnson
    Participant

Effectively so, and almost technically so, the same model — that is.

I’m sharing because it’s shocking how much variance there is between the monitors, and others may find this interesting. One (600W_1) has substantially higher contrast ratio.

I included two reports for the 650W. The first one is with the color temp that dispcal told me to use. The second is after I adjusted it by eye to match my middle monitor more closely. Ironically, dispcal’s report shows the colors with my eye-adjustment to be more accurate.

There are two LG-27UK600W and one LG-27UK650W.

I used the 11,140 color patch option for my calibrations.

I saved the best for last: the monitor with the highest contrast ratio (600W_2). And I don’t believe it’s a measurement error. First, I’ve re-measured multiple times. Second, scenes really do appear to have more contrast.

Note that there’s one thing that I did differently, by accident. I sent the 600W_2 to 2.2 instead of sRGB.  Let me know if this has a significant affect on anything, please.

I hope to add a similar post soon, with my triple VA monitors; they’re all (completely) the same model.

Thoughts on the variance between my monitors? Suggestions for improving my calibrations?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by J Johnson.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS