There is no item named Argyll_V2.3.0_USB_driver_installer.exe in the archive

Home Forums Help and Support There is no item named Argyll_V2.3.0_USB_driver_installer.exe in the archive

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

i1 Display Foo
    Participant

When I try to download the instrument drivers using Tools > Instrument > Install ArgyllCMS drivers, I get the following error:

> Key does not exist: “There is no item named u’Argyll_V2.3.0_USB_driver_installer.exe’ in the archive”

(See attached screenshot.)

Is there any way to download this package manually? I tried searching with Google, but it was no help, and the ArgyllCMS website is archaic and I didn’t find anything there other than a download of the binaries.

I did notice that the Argyll download contains a “USB” folder that contains drivers, but I tried pointing the Windows Device Manager at that folder and got it’s own error. I was hoping that this menu option in DisplayCAL might have better luck installing.

Device Manager gives me a very generic error and nothing in the Windows Event Log was illuminating on what the issue could be. I’ve used my i1 Display 2 many times on Windows 10, but never with the newest update, “21H2”. I don’t have a screenshot that error, and I don’t have my device handy at the moment. It was exceedingly generic like, “We found a compatible driver, but failed to add it to the driver store. Contact the device manufacturer.”

If this exe download from DisplayCAL worked, would it be different drivers than the ones found in the USB folder in Argyll?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

SYS driver in ArgyllCMS seems to be not signed. DisplayCAL distributes a signed libusb driver.
    Try to use ARgyll 2.1.2 signed driver in DisplayCAL, then set executables to Argyll 2.3.

I’ve not inspected the code but AFAIK libusb is just a hook for USB communication. Actual device commands (spyders, i1Pro3) may/should be in each Argyll executable, and USB driver is justa  common tunnel to channel these ops.

Vincent
    Participant

Hmm, there is a change in .inf file: DEV ID + names of new devices.

new: “i1 Pro3 (Argyll)” = LIBUSB0_DEV, USB\VID_0765&PID_6009

removed: i1d3, so it always goes through HID driver

C code is the same.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Funny:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/signing-drivers-for-public-release–windows-vista-and-later-
    +
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/deprecation-of-software-publisher-certificates-and-commercial-release-certificates
    +
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/dashboard/register-for-the-hardware-program

Maybe we should pay Graeme a year subscription to that…

Florian’s certificate expired on 2019 but SHA256 CA is up to 2027.

Has anyone tried to install signed driver USB 2.1.2 in Windows11?

i1 Display Foo
    Participant

Try to use ARgyll 2.1.2 signed driver in DisplayCAL

I happened to find a zip file containing these drivers on my desktop PC and they installed fine on my laptop, and DisplayCAL is now seeing my instrument.

I’m curious, though. If I hadn’t found that old zip file, how would I have instructed DisplayCAL to download that version? I don’t see any option to do so. Or is it something would have done outside of the program. Again, where would I find the file? The ArgyllCMS website is confusing.

Vincent
    Participant

I’m curious, though. If I hadn’t found that old zip file, how would I have instructed DisplayCAL to download that version? I don’t see any option to do so. Or is it something would have done outside of the program. Again, where would I find the file? The ArgyllCMS website is confusing.

You would need to set in DisplayCAL as Argyll executables 2.1.2, the DisplayCAl will try to downloas USB signed driver 2.1.2

i1 Display Foo
    Participant

You would need to set in DisplayCAL as Argyll executables 2.1.2, the DisplayCAl will try to downloas USB signed driver 2.1.2

Ah, so it looks for drivers based on the Argyll executable version. Interesting. The 2.1.2 driver download I happened to find on my other PC worked fine with Argyll 2.3 and the latest version of DisplayCAL. Thanks!

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

To install driver without certificate, push Shift together with reboot menu, thus you enter Windows recovery mode. Select here Advanced reboot ptions, then press F7 to avoid certificates checkup. Yes, you can use old driver for i1Display and i1Pro 2, but you need new one for i1Pro 3 device.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS