the loader remains with the red icon

Home Forums Help and Support the loader remains with the red icon

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Florian Höch 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hom75
    Participant

Hi, with w10 after the last update I reinstalled displaycal but before everything was fine now the loader does not load the profile, inserting the program and installing it manually works, but the loader icon remains red and says that windows error 6 EnumDisplayDevice: handle invalid

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, you’ll have to reinstall your graphics driver.

hom75
    Participant

Hello,
    I had solved and identified the problem that was in the team viewer, deleted the video driver loaded for remote control was all, unfortunately with the latest update the option to use or not the video driver is not there, you know by chance if there way to avoid this problem? if I uninstall it all goes.

thank you

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When you connect remotely, there is no gamma table access. This is simply the way it is. You have to sit in front of the physical machine.

hom75
    Participant

I’ll explain! I do not use team viewer on a machine that remotely has displayCal. I installed teamviewer on my pc where I also use displycal. the problem I found is that teamviewer on the pc install a generic driver to work. In the old version this driver was optional, now no longer and therefore is seen as a generic monitor not recognized by displycal. uninstalling teamviewer everything works

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I installed teamviewer on my pc where I also use displycal. the problem I found is that teamviewer on the pc install a generic driver to work.

I cannot reproduce this. I installed the latest version (TeamViewer 13), and the profile loader is unaffected. There are also no TeamViewer-related new driver entries in device manager, even though I selected that I want to access the computer remotely in the first step of installation.

Btw, even if one of the graphics drivers has no videoLUT access, it doesn’t affect the other ones. You just won’t be able to use the icon state as a discernable means to check graphics card gamma table state.

Alex NN
    Participant

FYI: I’ve got the same issue with Teamviewer. It seems the issue appears if the Teamviewer was installed prior to the DisplayCal setup. Works fine after “Teamviewer uninstall”->”Setup profile in DisplayCal”->”Teamviewer install”

Steps to reproduce the error:

1. Install Teamviewer
    2. Install DisplayCal
    3. Setup DisplayCal profile
    4. Observe the issue (DisplayCal profile loader shows an error: “EnumDisplayDevices: the handle is invalid”)

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Attach the profile loader log(s) please (%APPDATA%\DisplayCAL\logs\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.log / %APPDATA%\DisplayCAL\logs\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.1.log )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.