The (hopefully) definitive guide to calibrating the EIZO CG2420

Home Forums Help and Support The (hopefully) definitive guide to calibrating the EIZO CG2420

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

macleod92
    Participant

I’m glad to hear that it’s helped you, it’s definitely been useful for me to go back to and remind myself what I’m supposed to be doing!

I’ve done both the auto optimized and the ‘Very large’ which has 4954 batches and takes a few hours.  From what I remember there doesn’t seem to be a huge difference, however I presume it’s not the worst thing in the world to do if you’re able to leave it running over night.

BB2020
    Participant

Yeah it’s very useful information! That’s also my experience, not much of a difference but a lot more time consuming and sometimes I got an error which made me start all over haha.

Just another question, how many times you recalibrate your Eizo according to this method? Did you turned the auto scheduled cal in CN off? I know this may be a tricky question cause it really depends on the usage time.

atagunov
    Participant

Hi, apparently google drive was not the best place to host the guide, the documents are gone.
    I can still figure out the process from the forum thread, so not a big deal

The only bit a little unclear is about setting CG2420 to video levels; that seems to be necessary to enable 10-bit color?
    There seems to be some interplay between RGB/YUV, bit depth and levels that I’ll need to figure out if I end up buying this monitor, all the while what limitations my EE lut box will impose on me there.

Vincent
    Participant

The only bit a little unclear is about setting CG2420 to video levels; that seems to be necessary to enable 10-bit color?
    There seems to be some interplay between RGB/YUV, bit depth and levels that I’ll need to figure out if I end up buying this monitor, all the while what limitations my EE lut box will impose on me there.

AFAIK RGB only for 10 bit. It should be detailed in resolution table in manual fro that Eizo mode.

macleod92
    Participant

Hello all!  Sorry that the link went down.  Here it is again, I hope it’s still helpful!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzpktG8eHfTzL_c3UYBgEb8dN9FuLmfD/edit

macleod92
    Participant

(UPDATE) –

I’ve realised that the link above was for an incorrect guide and that I did accidently delete the original one.

I’ve been going through trying to figure out and piece everything together again.  Along the way, I’ve discovered a couple of mistakes that I previously made/ things I need to clarify.

I’m going to take the link above down, but will repost here once I’ve managed to sort things.  Sorry for anyone who was finding it helpful!

Krsnwo
    Participant

(UPDATE) –

I’ve realised that the link above was for an incorrect guide and that I did accidently delete the original one.

I’ve been going through trying to figure out and piece everything together again.  Along the way, I’ve discovered a couple of mistakes that I previously made/ things I need to clarify.

I’m going to take the link above down, but will repost here once I’ve managed to sort things.  Sorry for anyone who was finding it helpful!

Hi! I’m trying to calibrate my CG2420, I’d like to do it the right way 🙂 It would be great to read your guide.

Thank you,

Pawel

Bruno Cury
    Participant

Really curious to see if you have it updated? I got a Eizo CG2730 that I’m trying to get it right for quite a while now 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS