The colors of my 2 calibrated monitors do not match

Home Forums Help and Support The colors of my 2 calibrated monitors do not match

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Liam B
    Participant

Hi,

I calibrated my Asus PA249Q and BenQ PD2700Q using the X-Rite i1 Pro 2. Both Profiles came out with good results, covering almost 100 % of sRGB, my Asus even covering around 97 % of aRGB with a volume of 120 %. Although I used the exact same settings, the colors look quite different when working on an sRGB document in Photoshop, although verifying my profiles using the sRGB simulation profile gave me good results for both monitors. I was expecting slightly different colors because of the black point, and because one display is a wide-gamut monitor and the other one is meant to only handle sRGB well., but still, I thought they should look almost identical when only working on an sRGB document in a color-managed application like PS.  My wide-gamut display seems to have more saturated colors and a cooler color temperature, but taking a picture with my phone didn’t really show the difference that well. What did I do wrong? I attached my settings and my verification protocols.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Measurement device has its limitations, also you (as a person) may not match or be close to standard observer. Use visual whitepoint approach for white.
    IDNK device thermal stability after 4hour, but that is another reason to do not use an i1pro2 alone. IMHO an i1d3 as partner is mandatory for such long tasks.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Liam B
    Participant

Hey Vincent, thanks for the reply! what do you mean by using a visual whitepoint approach? i only have the i1pro2, would you recommend going for less time? i checked white level drift compensation in the display & instrument tab, isn’t that meant to compensate for the thermal differences?

Vincent
    Participant

Hey Vincent, thanks for the reply! what do you mean by using a visual whitepoint approach?

Fix your best display by numeric corodinates (or the one that looks whiter), then use displaycal visual whitepoint editor in the other screen after you matched white by number (apply a visual match on top of numerical correction to white in the 2nd display). There is an icon next to white point value on the right.

i only have the i1pro2, would you recommend going for less time? i checked white level drift compensation in the display & instrument tab, isn’t that meant to compensate for the thermal differences?

IDNK, but an i1d3 takes 30min in slowest mode to fix grey ramp and less than 30min (I do nor remember) to measure 1.5k color patches.
    For me and i1pro2 is a device for measuring ink+paper, measure fabrics and correct colorimeters, not for actual readings in such huge batchs.

Also PA249Q lack of color uniformity across screen (on most units) play a role here in your percieved “unmatching”. They can match numerically and visually, but just in center. There is nothing you can do about it if you actually suffer it other than buying an Eizo CS or better display.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Vincent.

Liam B
    Participant

Thanks!! I’ll try a new calibration with your recommendation as soon as I can find some time. I’ll let you know if it worked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS