Testing and calibrating a QD-OLED monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Testing and calibrating a QD-OLED monitor

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by MW.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Halfwit
    Participant

Soon I’ll get my hands on the Alienware AW3423DW monitor, which uses a QD-OLED panel.

Is it possible to test and calibrate this monitor with the X-Rite i1Display Pro? Which spectral correction should I use?

Thank you for your insight!

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Shomp
    Participant

Someone posted a ccss for this monitor in this very forum look it up. Personally it did not help me calibrate the monitor with i1Display Studio. I keep getting crushed blacks no matter how many grey patches I run through it. Maybe my xrite tool is too much on the cheap side, I don’t know. I just want to get rid of these greyish blacks. 🙁

MW
    Participant

I just want to get rid of these greyish blacks.

Try Tone curve:as measured+novideo_srgb if you have a nvidia GPU. Make sure black point compensation is unchecked.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by MW.

Shomp
    Participant

I just want to get rid of these greyish blacks.

Try Tone curve:as measured+novideo_srgb if you have a nvidia GPU. Make sure black point compensation is unchecked.

Thanks this is what I was doing but I mixed up black level drift with black point compensation(didn’t know there was advanced options to unlock that one). I still get two shades before black crushed, but I can live this.

MW
    Participant

According to reviews ambient light raises the black level of the panel, so you might prefer to profile in pitch black conditions. Uncheck both BPC and BLD.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS