Sypder 4 not being seen

Home Forums Help and Support Sypder 4 not being seen

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Skaarj
    Participant

I have the same problem. On my Surface Pro 4, the DisplayCAL utility detects the Spyder 4 without any issues, but on my new Desktop not, no matter what USB Port. I even tried using a USB 2 port, but that also didn’t help. In Device manager the Sypder 4 seems to be installed ok with the Argyll drivers.

Are you using Windows 10?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Skaarj.

pHneutral
    Participant

I have the same problem. On my Surface Pro 4, the DisplayCAL utility detects the Spyder 4 without any issues, but on my new Desktop not, no matter what USB Port. I even tried using a USB 2 port, but that also didn’t help. In Device manager the Sypder 4 seems to be installed ok with the Argyll drivers.

Are you using Windows 10?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have Windows 10, indeed. Now got myself a Spyder 5, to try and calibrate the Surface Pro 4 with, and external screen, and run into another problem where it doesn’t indicate the kelvin values, even though I’ve set it in Displaycal. Hm.

Haven’t tried the Sypder 5 yet on the system where Displaycal couldn’t detect the Sypder 4 though.

Skaarj
    Participant

Same here, Win 10… I’m wondering if something got updated that screwed up argyll. Especially now that we don’t really have a choice in updates anymore.

Skaarj
    Participant

Good news everyone!! (Futurama reference)  A reinstall of Windows has solved the problem.  I was also having problems with Logitech’s software, which even after the reinstall still doesn’t work, but that’s another problem I decided to start over.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS