Surface Book 2 – Nivida-Optimus

Home Forums Help and Support Surface Book 2 – Nivida-Optimus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Christian Schuhbeck
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I have a Surface Book 2 and would like to color calibrate the monitor.

For this I bought an X-Rite ColorMunki display.

As a calibration software I would like to use DisplayCAL & ArgyllCMS.

My problem is that in the Surface Book 2 two graphics cards are installed (Nividia-Optimus). Once the normal onboard graphics card and once a 1050 NVIDIA GeForce GTX. The Geforce is supposed to be used only / only in graphics-heavy applications. Do I have to pay attention to something special when calibrating with DisplayCal? Do I have to set something special in DisplayCal? I do not know which graphics card is being used during the calibration process? Will the colors change after calibration when the graphics card changes? Who can help me with this? Does anybody know or is currently working on it? Thank you in advance.. VG Christian

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Do I have to pay attention to something special when calibrating with DisplayCal? Do I have to set something special in DisplayCal?

No, all access to the video hardware is abstracted away through the Windows APIs, and the switch from one graphics device to the other happens transparently to all applications (i.e. they do not need to know or care about it).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS