Support working with calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Support working with calibration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

donny110
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I am VERYY new to all this, i’ve been looking into this and am honestly struggling to figure out what to do with my calibrations, I keep getting different responses, I would either need to use D6500 calibration (and made an srgb  one for photowork in srgb space). I am using two AOC 24g2u which have a pretty good contrast (it is the “lowered” contrast version, there was a roughly 1500:1 version but I don’t have that one, mine seems to calibrate around 1000:1/900:1 roughly.. Which is more then fine if you ask me.. However I have NO CLUE how to check currently.. I have multiple reports so far, used based on the spectro profile apparently for my monitor (but not 100% sure it is correct?) and using the generic w-led correction.. I’ll upload it here, and hopefully someone can help me figure out.. What to look at? (this screen has 3 gamma presets, of which one is ROUGHLY recognized as 2.19 gamma with a uncalibrated display report, so that is being used..

I’ve made soo much runs by now my brain is spinning haha.. So I might need someone to set me straight somewhat, cause I seem SOO confused.. it’s either giving deeper blacks or more color deviation it seems?

I am sorry if I feel like SUCH a noob here.. But a guiding hand would be extremely appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

That Aoc is likely to be some WLED PFS or something like that, p3. First of all check your CCSS, plot it with CCSS information button next to correction and see what it stores.

Calibrated gamma does not seem to be close to that 2.2, maybe you changed something in OSD or GPU control panel. Undo it.

Regarding reports they validate if display and its profile match… equivalent to sey “profile predicts monitor behavior”.
    -That will work only for color managed apps
    -some apps (browsers) won’t like XYZLUT profiles, use the simple 1 curve + matrix approach.
    -non color managed apps (which seems the typical approach for a gaming display) will need to emulate sRGB/Rec709 insede monitor (presets) or in GPU (LeDoge’s DWM LUT, search in this forum)
    Once you have that in mind, if all seems more or less ok take a look on a* b* range (RGB+gray balance) to take a look on “colorless” of greys. Move speed to a slower step if you wish it to be improved.

donny110
    Participant

Okay.. Ambient light adaptation was KILLING the gamma it seems haha..

I will share the report and the CCSS (however.. Those tell me personally nothing).. The new report is also added, I am a TAD confused what the limit of this display is gonna be in what it can do, I’m trying to get as much done from the calibration itself (just so non supporting things are at least OKAY haha)..

Thanks so much for the help!

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Seems a common sRGB WLED CCSS, maybe I was wrong and it is not a gamer P3 display… but googling 24g2u specs says the opposite so that CCSS is “forged” somehow.
    AFAIK it should be one of those inexpensive QLEDs with AdobeRGB green and P3 red. I would choose that (QLED CCSS, from a TV or a SW2700PT native gamut or some of those QLED Asus gaming displays): easy to spot them, three peaks more or less equal one for each channel (WLED PFS with equivalent colorspace has double spike in red and the WLED PFS with adoberGB green is much more expensive than WLED PFS in gamer display which are usually P3 only)

Vincent
    Participant

Oh wait… it is not “24g2u” but “24g2w1c4″… so CCSS can be right and be the proper one. You wrote it wrong in 1st post 😀

=> Keep using that CCSS

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Vincent.

donny110
    Participant

So I can’t seem to really get the “RGB gray balance (>= 1% luminance) combined Δa*00 and Δb*00 range” below 1.5 if using absolute value, is that in any way relevant.. If not the last report seems pretty nice so far, and I have a hunch about at the limit of what I can get from this display in this circumstance.. Would upping the amount of test charts in profiling up the accuracy in any relevant way since it’s using 425 test charts and slow calibration speed with (obviously) high quality profiling..

currently using the generic white led correction since it does seem to work better.. also 24g2u is what was on the back of my monitor, but ironically googling what you named, sends me to the same thing 🙂 . since this is what I got (just mounted cause I hated the stand) (screen)

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS