Success! reshade 3dlut with HDR in Sekiro, huge for cheap hdr monitors!

Home Forums General Discussion Success! reshade 3dlut with HDR in Sekiro, huge for cheap hdr monitors!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

namefaceguy
    Participant

Hi, I was fooling around today and decided to try and make a reshade 3dlut for Sekiro for my BenQ ew3270u today.  The hdr is either has a bug from the manufactor or is just badly calibrated.  I tried with some other games and had no luck with the 3d lut causing massive artifacts.

For some unknown reason Sekiro’s hdr mode not only doesn’t have any artifacts, it looks amazing and absolutely perfect.   I used a bt2020 source colorspace with hardclip though I tried pretty much every other combination of 3d lut as well.

What I’m trying to figure out is this.  Why would this work at all?  I was under the impression that Displaycal and Argylle only worked at 8 bit, while Sekiro appears to work at 10 bit since it’s confirmed as hdr by my monitor and even looks it by the eyes.  Could this be some sort of 8 bit + mode?  I’m completely confused but excited to finish the game with the most perfect HDR I have seen.  It’s just so strange that everyother HDR game I’ve tried doesn’t work with this system at all.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I was under the impression that Displaycal and Argylle only worked at 8 bit

There is no such limitation. You get what your graphics driver and display supports.

namefaceguy
    Participant

My display does 10bit and I have a 1080ti.  Is the limitation the 8 bit lut on the graphics card?  It seems like there is still some value to making a 3d lut even with the effect the windows hdr to srd conversion does to the image.  Is  there some standard way to color correct for hdr games?  2.6 gamma rec 2020 in dci p3?  I have a benq ew3207u which is edge lit  I think it should work correctly theoretically.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is the limitation the 8 bit lut on the graphics card?

There is no limitation to 8 bit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS