Strange calibration behaviour

Home Forums Help and Support Strange calibration behaviour

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mr. T
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I tried to calibrate my LG IPS monitor and have a strange calibration behaviour. My setup:
    dispcalGUI 3.1.7.1 with Argyll 1.9.2
    -colormunki photo

My display has a color setting for i.e. red from 0 – 100. When I change the value from 50 down to 40, the red calibration bar reacts to that change. When I change the value from 50 up to 60, nothing happens with the bars, but the picture is noticeably more red.

The same happens with the blue color, is something broken?

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

WolfPeace
    Participant

I don’t know the exact reasons why this happens, but, from my experience, it’s not uncommon behavior on some monitors that have RGB values at default: 50,50,50 and you can go up and down from them. So I doubt your monitor is broken.

The best results on these monitors regarding whitepoint calibration are achieved by lowering RGB values not rising them higher than default.

Mr. T
    Participant

The monitor reacts to my change, I can see that with my eyes… but the bars are not changing.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This would only be a problem if the bars were already centered. In your case changing the red gain apparently does not contribute much to moving the white closer to the target (daylight) locus.

Mr. T
    Participant

Hi Florian,

thanks for your reply : )
    I was really close to the target whitepoint, but increasing the red color more and more should give me a “bar”-feedback that I am pushing too hard. As far as I remember I got this feedback in older versions… Did it change?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS