Still problems with green tone near black with 3D LUT

Home Forums Help and Support Still problems with green tone near black with 3D LUT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

i bought a Kuro 5090 a week ago and i have done a 3700 patches 3d lut on it.

i know i had the same problem on  my 500M but i cant remember what i did to ignore? near black whiteballance.

in the calibration  window when checking blacklevel it lacks green for sure but it seems that the 3D LUT boosts green way to much than it should.

can i ignore whiteballnce near black and go for what the tv displays ?

here are the verification reports from a testrun of 335 patches

stock 5090 without 3d lut

http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb192876/Measurement%20Report%20isf%20night%20.html

5090 with 3d lut

http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb192876/Measurement%20Report%203.2.3%20%E2%80%94%20madVR%20%E2%80%94%202017-01-19%2021-36.html

Florian Höch
    Administrator

can i ignore whiteballnce near black and go for what the tv displays ?

That’s what happens automatically if you haven’t enabled black point hue correction.

here are the verification reports from a testrun of 335 patches

The report without 3D LUT shows the response is slighty skewed towards red near black. The one with 3D LUT is more neutral.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes there is a slight red push to low ires original

ok it was that simple

i will select it and do another run

but how does colors near black adjust to that?

does the program adjust from the original whiteballance or does it adjust from the supposed correct wb?

Edit: to save your time from explaining what black point hue correction does i can read the information on the dispcals main page instead 🙂

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS