Steps to create 1D/3D LUTs and upload to LG OLED TV?

Home Forums Help and Support Steps to create 1D/3D LUTs and upload to LG OLED TV?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

anch
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to upload LUTs to my LG B9 so that the internal apps will have desired color. I did the following but the verification result still shows high white point and color dE. Not sure what errors I made.

0. My target is 120 nits, D65, g2.4. I use Spyder5 and aiopylgtv python package. I didn’t load any correction as Florian mentioned they’re likely for other devices. If Spyder5 turns out to be the problem, I’m happy to get a better one.

1. dcc_reset both 1D and 3D LUT of Expert (Dark) picture mode. aiopylgtv then uploads unity curves. The TV settings now lock to Gamut “Wide”, Gamma 2.2, White Balance greyed out (I guess it’s the panel’s native, ~9000K).
    2. Set brightness=26, contrast=100, black level=”low”
    3. Calibrate (all settings “As measured”) and profile with 175 patches.
    4. Generate 3D LUTs in IRIDAS (.cube) format
      • Source: Rec709
      • Tone curve: Rec. 1886 g2.4 absolute & apply calibration (vcgt)
      • Intent: absolute colorimetric with white point scaling
      • AND
      • Source: BT2020
      • Tone curve: Rec. 1886 g2.4 absolute & apply calibration (vcgt)
      • Intent: absolute colorimetric with white point scaling
    5. Upload generate 1D LUT (.cal file), 3D LUTS (both rec709 and 2020, as suggested here).
    6. Verify the TV as simulate profile Rec709, use simulation as display profile and tone curve unmodified.
    7. Repeat for HDR.

Many thanks!

Andrew Hunter
    Participant

Hey,

You seem to be uploading both the .cal file and selecting “Apply Calibration” in lut generation. That would be a double application of the calibration lut.

Try deselecting “Apply Calibration (VGCT)” in your lut creation and verify again.

Disclaimer: I don’t own an LG OLED and haven’t tried this method.

anch
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the hint. I eventually uploaded the 1D LUT first, then profiled again and generated 3D LUT w/o calibration. All seems working well now.

Ulrich Mors
    Participant

Hi,

I am thinking of using an LG with Resolve – and calibrate the monitor with a 3D Lut generated with display cal.

After 2 months: would you recommend your way of creating and using the monitor lut in the LG?

best regards

ULi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS