SpyderX Pro (Spyder X Pro) Compatibility with DisplayCAL? Does it work?

Home Forums Help and Support SpyderX Pro (Spyder X Pro) Compatibility with DisplayCAL? Does it work?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JChambo
    Participant

Does anyone here own a SpyderX Pro by chance and have had success using DisplayCAL?

I cannot get my colorimeter to show up as the device in the drop down, even though on the “Supported Instruments” section on DisplayCAL’s website it shows:

• Datacolor SpyderX (since ArgyllCMS 2.1.0) [found here]

Reading this, I would assume both the SpyderX Pro and SpyderX Elite should be compatible? If so, I’m not sure what to do to get it to show up as my selected instrument / device. I also cannot find any guides or YouTube videos on anyone attempting to use DisplayCAL with any SpyderX products.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by JChambo.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

JChambo
    Participant

***UPDATE***

I had to go into DisplayCAL and go to: Tools > Instrument > Install ArgyIICMS instrument drivers…

Once I did that DisplayCAL detected my SpyderX Pro. I will update this post on my thoughts on the color accuracy of using DisplayCAL vs. the Datacolor SpyderX software.

JChambo
    Participant

***UPDATE***

My initial thoughts on the accuracy of DisplayCAL vs. the SpyderX Pro software is the color accuracy for both is about identical. The SpyderX Pro software calibrates significantly faster, though DisplayCAL only takes about 10-15 minutes for each one of my dual monitors.

Here are the Self Check Reports exported out of DisplayCAL for both my monitors (attached.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Note that self check is just useful to check the profile against itself (or a 3D LUT). You probably want to run a measurement report instead to check the profile against current monitor behavior.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS