SpyderX Pro no detection

Home Forums Help and Support SpyderX Pro no detection

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

no1yak
    Participant

Hi,

First time  poster, Hope someone can help with this problem.

Using Display Cal 3.8.9.3  connecting the Spyder X is not recognised, nothing at all. Had to try this device ( borrowed it) cos my i1Display has intermittent connection . Is there any update for this device?

Thanks in advance.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Anonymous
    Inactive

you waste your time here. Just use the spyderx software as i did.

no1yak
    Participant

Well at least someone bothered to answer. Anyway purchased  a new i1 Pro so all is well.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi,

First time  poster, Hope someone can help with this problem.

Using Display Cal 3.8.9.3  connecting the Spyder X is not recognised, nothing at all. Had to try this device ( borrowed it) cos my i1Display has intermittent connection . Is there any update for this device?

Thanks in advance.

All non i1d3 need to setup ArgyllCMS USB driver.

Vincent
    Participant

You’re the one who wasted money buying that expensive and useless paperweight.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re the one who wasted money buying that expensive and useless paperweight.

Can you send me an article which proves why spyderx is a paperweight device?

Vincent
    Participant

Easy, i1d3 can be updated by remote & portable spectral data, yours cannot.
    Hence every current WLED PFS variant (at least 4 right now: almost P3, P3-Apple- , P3 and AdobeRGB and crippled red variant), every new QLED, every future WOLED/RGBOLED is not supported by your device unless you rent/buy an spectrophotometer.
    With an i1d3 you just need an SPD sample.

SpyderX filter design was a great improvement over past Spyders (they copy some of i1d3) but since they choose to do not use some kind of monochromator to record sensivity curves in factory per unit or per batch or at least per  filter supplier pack, it’s useless paperweight. A non future proof device, just a few built in matrices that cannot take account of current WLED PFS variants & flavours.

It is a fact. There is no spectral sensivity data that can be dumped from SpyderX fimrware. I1d3 stores that and can be dumped to auto correct colorimeter using a sample display SPD.
    “The paper” is ArgyllCMS code. It’s C so if you know a little programing it’s easy to find  it.

MW
    Participant

There’s no reason to defend a product that was purposefully made to be obsolete by the manufacturer when new display tech emerges, forcing you to buy a new device. I’m happy I bought a i1D3.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hence every current WLED PFS variant (at least 4 right now: almost P3, P3-Apple- , P3 and AdobeRGB and crippled red variant), every new QLED, every future WOLED/RGBOLED is not supported by your device unless you rent/buy an spectrophotometer.

SpyderX filter design was a great improvement over past Spyders (they copy some of i1d3) but since they choose to do not use some kind of monochromator to record sensivity curves in factory per unit or per batch or at least per  filter supplier pack, it’s useless paperweight. A non future proof device, just a few built in matrices that cannot take account of current WLED PFS variants & flavours.

It is a fact. There is no spectral sensivity data that can be dumped from SpyderX fimrware. I1d3 stores that and can be dumped to auto correct colorimeter using a sample display SPD.
    “The paper” is ArgyllCMS code. It’s C so if you know a little programing it’s easy to find  it.

Can you link me which calibrator you suggest me?

Vincent
    Participant

Can you link me which calibrator you suggest me?

Any from i1d3 family: Xrite i1DisplayPro or the Calibrite variants. There is a cheaper version Calibrite i1Display Studio whcih is teh sam as old Xrite’s colormunki display. Same i1d3 hardware and accuracy but is slower and cannot be used with vendor software fro hardware calibration, like ColorNavigatioon software from Eizo. So if you plan to make XYZLUT from big patch set or plan in near future to bys a monitor with HW calibration, get an Xrite i1DosplayPro or the same device from Calibrite.

J.P.
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m  familiar with Spyder models but not with XRite/Colormunki/Calibrite… and I am returning my SpyderX Elite tomorrow.

Is this one good : Calibrite ColorChecker Display (CCDIS) – “Display”, or do I have to buy the “Display Pro” ?

Thank you

Vincent
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m  familiar with Spyder models but not with XRite/Colormunki/Calibrite… and I am returning my SpyderX Elite tomorrow.

Is this one good : Calibrite ColorChecker Display (CCDIS) – “Display”,

= old colormkunki display

cheaper, slower and it will be rejected by hardware calibration software like ColorNavigator for Eizo, Benq Palette Master Elements… etc

or do I have to buy the “Display Pro” ?

= i1DisplayPro

the PLUS is teh same but device is certifiead to measure more nits for HDR.

Thank you

All these i1d3 models should have same accuracy.

If you’ll buy a monitor with HW calibration buy the pro, it’s a must in that situation.
    If you are going to make XYZLUT profile with a huge number of patches because your are going to build accurate LUT3D but the pro too, otherwise >1000 patches measurement will take too much time.

If none of the above applies you may try the cheaper but since monitors or TVs with HW calibration are more common these days…i’ll get the pro

J.P.
    Participant

Thanks, I ordered the Calibrite Color Checker Plus …

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by J.P..
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS