Spyderx Pro is 300 bucks cheaper, convince me about X-Rite

Home Forums General Discussion Spyderx Pro is 300 bucks cheaper, convince me about X-Rite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Deleted
    Participant

Long story short

Going to buy my first calibration device, am considering Spyderx Pro which is around 700 bucks where i am (the elite is 1,000).

plan to use it with displaycal (which i see has fixed some calibration issues as of 3.8.9.1) paired with a BenQ SW240 connected to a Intensity Shuttle.

I am aware that the older spyders are crap, but don’t see much solid opinions about the spyderx.

I could buy an X-Rite Colormunki Display for about 1,000 bucks, or the i1Display pro for 1400, but both are a lot of extra money I wish i could keep and spend on, i dunno, 2-4 months groceries.

So please help me decide.

i1Display Studio on Amazon   i1Display Pro on Amazon   SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Deleted
    Participant

I’d like to add that i want to work in rec709 if that makes a difference.

Vincent
    Participant

-Spyderx behaves worse in low light readings

-Spyderx cannot be “software updated” to new types of backlight, not unless you get a spectrophotometer and make a matrix correctio for YOUR display and instrument. Matrix corrections are not “portable”.

-Not sure if Benq Palette Master Elements supports Spyder X

So you have to choose between a not future proof paperweight and a good fast reliable colorimeter from Xrite with support for HW calibration solutions and that will be always supported (HID device) to any future RGB backlights by community (CCSS corrections).
    If you do not care about speed or HW calibratin you can have Colormunki Display… but since you own that display get the pro although Benq software is very bad.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Vincent.

Deleted
    Participant

Thanks. Since this i’ve managed to find an Xrite that was affordable through Amazon, will be getting that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS