SpyderX colour casts

Home Forums Help and Support SpyderX colour casts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KD750
    Participant

Hi, I just got a SpyderX and I am new to monitor calibration, I ran calibration through the Datacolor software and it worked well for a little while but now I have a pinkish colour cast and each time that I run another calibration I get a failure message for each profile. I updated my AMD Radeon drivers earlier and that seemed to get rid of the pink cast but on reboot it is back. So I decided to try Display Cal after someone in the Amazon reviews recommended it.

However , I have run it and this gives a profile with a green cast. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by KD750.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

-try to find which correction for colorimeter applies to your display type. For example common sRGB led displays should use soemthing called “WLED”. Use that correction for colorimeter in DisplayCAL.

-try to find if there is some issue or conflict with some  GPU calibration loaders, like the one in MS Windows 10 1903. If there is such issue, disable OS GPU calibration loader and use only DisplayCAL

-Return for refund that SpyderX because unless you have/rent/borrow an spectrophotometer the set of bundled colorimeter correction is very small.
    Get an i1d3 colorimeter instead: Munki Display / i1DisplayPro

-Use a visual white pint editor approach

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Vincent.

KD750
    Participant

-try to find which correction for colorimeter applies to your display type. For example common sRGB led displays should use soemthing called “WLED”. Use that correction for colorimeter in DisplayCAL.

-try to find if there is some issue or conflict with some  GPU calibration loaders, like the one in MS Windows 10 1903. If there is such issue, disable OS GPU calibration loader and use only DisplayCAL

-Return for refund that SpyderX because unless you have/rent/borrow an spectrophotometer the set of bundled colorimeter correction is very small.
    Get an i1d3 colorimeter instead: Munki Display / i1DisplayPro

-Use a visual white pint editor approach

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your reply, my monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW, which is an LCD, so I guess that ‘Generic’ is the best option?

In Colour Management I have unchecked ‘Use my own settings for colour management’, is this what you refer to?

I have re-run the calibration and I think that I still have a slight green cast, but I’ve been looking for so long that I’m not sure whether my mind is playing tricks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

my monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW, which is an LCD, so I guess that ‘Generic’ is the best option?

Proably. That monitor is an older model with CCFL backlight, also TN panel (not so good for color and viewing angles).

In Colour Management I have unchecked ‘Use my own settings for colour management’, is this what you refer to?

‘Use my own settings for colour management’ should be enabled. ‘Use Windows calibration’ (on advanced tab) should be disabled for best quality and accuracy.

KD750
    Participant

Thank you Florian, I decided to take Vincent’s advice and return the Spyder, I now have a Colormunki on the way.

Yes I have had the monitor a long time, I hope to get a new monitor and use the Samsung as a secondary. I would appreciate any recommendations from people. The purpose is for photography processing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS