SpyderX found in Device Manager under Argyll but not discovered in Displaycal

Home Forums Help and Support SpyderX found in Device Manager under Argyll but not discovered in Displaycal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jonathan726
    Participant

I had previously used my SpyderX with Spyders software and since followed instructions on uninstalling everything and switching to displaycal.

I have successfully installed Argyll drivers and the device is listed under:

Argyll libUSB-win32 device – SpyderX(Argyll)

However when clicking on detect display devices and instruments nothing appears in the drop down boxes.

Any help would be appreciated!

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

CALmelion
    Participant

I’ve kept the Spyder software installed, but made sure to kill the running SpyderUtility as well as disabling it from startup (as found in Windows’ Task Manager > Startup).

Then installed ArgyllCMS instrument drivers from the “DisplayCAL > Tools > Instruments” menu.

Then rebooted at some point.

Keeping the software installed also enabled it to autodetect the instrument Measurement Modes if i’m not mistaken. Apparently stored in the software.

Did you let DisplayCAL take care of the ArgyllCMS installation or do it manually? Because i noticed it does not grab the latest version, but if you installed that i guess it’s not guaranteed to work.

Using a USB hub might also cause issues, but didn’t for me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS