Spyder5 Multi-Monitor Inconsistent Results

Home Forums Help and Support Spyder5 Multi-Monitor Inconsistent Results

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lurkios
    Participant

I have two monitors I’m currently trying to calibrate, one CCFL and one white LED. Using the corresponding modes, along with Black level drift compensation and ambient light level adjustment (measured) – I get very consistent results per monitor (multiple calibration attempts on each monitor yield very similar results), but vastly different colors between the two (if I drag a window so it’s sitting on both there’s a very obvious difference in colors displayed).

I did try using the “generic” LCD mode, but the CCFL monitor turned out entirely too yellow that way – never tried it with the white LED since it looked terrible on the CCFL.

Any suggestions on how I might go about getting both monitors to calibrate similarly?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

along with Black level drift compensation

Note that black level drift is meant for spectrometers, and is not needed for colorimeters.

ambient light level adjustment (measured)

This will only influence the calibration, and should normally not be used.

if I drag a window so it’s sitting on both there’s a very obvious difference in colors displayed

Most color managed applications do not have multi-monitor support (one notable exception that I know of is Photoshop), and even those that do, usually do not support a window that spans several monitors.

I did try using the “generic” LCD mode, but the CCFL monitor turned out entirely too yellow that way – never tried it with the white LED since it looked terrible on the CCFL.

The solution to this is to match the monitor whitepoint visually. You can find several threads where this was discussed already.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS