Spyder5 Express issues

Home Forums Help and Support Spyder5 Express issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all, I recently went to try and recalibrate my screen (heard it doesn’t hurt to do every so often) and that’s when everything went south.  I have previously calibrated the screen with zero issues, but that was about a year ago.  At this point, I have uninstalled and reinstalled DisplayCAL multiple times as well as the Argyll drivers.  DisplayCAL installs just fine and the Spyder5 shows in device manager after installing Argyll.  The main issue comes when I try to import the colorimeter corrections from the Sypder5 Express software.  If I do it for the entire system it shows that they successfully install.  If just for a user, it fails to install the corrections.  However… even after a successful install message, a restart of DC, unplug plug of the Spyder, it will never detect display devices or instruments.  Typically on the restart of DC it will always inform me of an update to Argyll, so I’ll update it and it appears to have successfully installed.  But on subsequent restarts of DC, it does the same thing.  I have turned off all firewalls and antivirus and am ready to throw in the towel. Currently on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Build 17763, DC 3.8.1.  2 monitors running through a GTX 1060.  Spyder5 on a USB 2.0 port. Never had any issues until tonight.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Where is your home directory located? Is it writable? Attach logs please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Florian, I’ve installed DC in Program Files x86.  I’ve attached a log of a clean install and run of DC to install Argyll and the colorimeter correction.  It appears the correction files loaded properly this time.  I do have driver signature enforcement turned off.  The Argyll driver in device manager is 1.2.6.0 as installed by DC.  If I manually install the amd64 driver from the ARgyll 2.1.1 download that is unsigned, it is the same version number.  Thanks for your help, it will most likely be something simple I’m overlooking.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Your home directory is C:\Users\combs

Please run

C:\Users\combs\Documents\Argyll_V2.1.1_win64_exe\Argyll_V2.1.1\bin\dispcal -dcc:? -?

and attach the output.

Anonymous
    Inactive

See attached.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Attachment is missing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My apologies.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That looks normal. As it’s a nonstandard location, make sure you are actually using that version of Argyll (menu “File” -> “Locate ArgyllCMS executables”).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS