Spyder not found if there is another active usb serial connection active

Home Forums Help and Support Spyder not found if there is another active usb serial connection active

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Lilly Schwartz
    Participant

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but basically DisplayCal can’t find my Spyder 3 if I have any other usb serial connection open on Mac OS Mojave. This was driving me nuts for a couple of days, so I thought I’d share it here in case someone else has the same problem. I have an Arduino board permanently connected to my setup that controls some RGB lighting via the serial connection. I keep the serial connection open in a little QT App so that I can change the lights or turn them off whenever I want. It took me ages to figure out that this open connection seems to interfere with the way DisplayCal connects to the Spyder. As soon as I close the serial connection DisplayCal finds the Spyder again. It doesn’t happen with the Spyder3Pro software either, so it seems to be DisplayCal specific. Probably a bit of an uncommon scenario, but maybe this helps someone. Not a big deal since I can just disconnect during calibration, but of course I had to figure out first why the Spyder wasn’t showing up in the first place. Maybe something to put in the documentation if it’s not a bug worth fixing?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS