Spyder 5, DisplayCAL and Windows 10

Home Forums Help and Support Spyder 5, DisplayCAL and Windows 10

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mellone
    Participant

Hello,

my DisplayCAL does not detect the Spyder 5 express. I also uninstalled the Datacolor sw, downloaded Argyll 1.6.3 and unzipped it, but nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ugo

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Argyll 1.6.3

This version of Argyll CMS is too old, it doesn’t have support for the Spyder5 (support was added in Argyll CMS 1.7). The latest version of Argyll CMS is currently 1.8.3. Note that you need to install the Argyll CMS driver for the Spyder5 (see the quickstart guide in the documentation).

Mellone
    Participant

Thanks. I downloaded the latest Argyll version but still I cannot work it out.

I unzipped the file into its folder in C:/

Then I open Displaycal

File—> Locate Argyll CMS executables

I tell to look in the BIN folder

Then

tools—> install Argyll CMS instrument drivers I am asked to restart the computer, but nothing happens after this.

Funny thing is that in the same “tools” menu there is the option “Enable Spyder 2 colorimeter”, that is my old, uninstalled instrument. Perhaps DisplayCAL is still detecting some old files? Now I want to use Spyder 5 Express

Regards, Ugo

Florian Höch
    Administrator

tools—> install Argyll CMS instrument drivers I am asked to restart the computer, but nothing happens after this.

You need to follow the step-by-step instructions that are displayed. They are also available in the documentation.

Funny thing is that in the same “tools” menu there is the option “Enable Spyder 2 colorimeter”, that is my old, uninstalled instrument.

That’s normal. Once the Spyder2 has been enabled, it’ll stay enabled, even if the instrument isn’t currently connected.

Mellone
    Participant

Thanks, but this is a “looping” problem.

If, inside DisplayCAL, I go to “tools” and then to “install Argyll CMS” instrument drivers I am asked to restart the computer. I restart the computer, I open again DisplayCAL, but nothing has changed.

What am I missing? I would really like to use DisplayCAL but it seems impossible up to now.

Regards, Ugo

Florian Höch
    Administrator
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS