Spectral, what does it do ?

Home Forums Help and Support Spectral, what does it do ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Hi Florian.

I am having trouble understanding what the spectral correction is.

What is its influence on the colorimeter.

If the supplied spectral from the online database is made at different backlight brightness settings, are they still fully applicable to my current backlight / monitor settings ?

I do not own one, as I originally read it was for prints.

On the forum, you’ve recommended that we use the bundled spectral for the i1 Displaypro, because they’re lab grade and better than off the street.

The one that says LCD White LED  IPS,  is that applicable to a White LED  VA-panel ?

What if someone has a White LED , TN panel.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

What is its influence on the colorimeter.

only specific colorimeters (i.e. i1D3 line, Spyder4/5) can use “spectral correction”. This is how it works: These instruments carry their sensor’s spectral sensitivity in firmware. Combined with a spectral sample from a display (“correction”) a 3×3 correction matrix is computed on-the-fly.

If the supplied spectral from the online database is made at different backlight brightness settings, are they still fully applicable to my current backlight / monitor settings ?

Typically yes (to some extent) as the backlight doesn’t change its spectral characteristics depending on brightness (at least, not by that much that it would likely cause problems).

The one that says LCD White LED IPS, is that applicable to a White LED VA-panel ?

Yes. The LCD panel in front of the backlight plays less of a role typically.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS