Some odd results on my PA329C with i1Display Pro

Home Forums Help and Support Some odd results on my PA329C with i1Display Pro

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

I would like to use native gamut for editing in ProPhoto RGB, so i have o more wider playground for colors in phtoshop, but there is no target for it in ASUS Creator Hub like in EIZO software.  So i was thinking i will just use Standart mode in OSD and i will make a ICC profile.

In new version ProArtCreatorCenter_1.1.20.0, i found “20201016_KFS_Phosphor.edr” can i use it for correction in displaycal? and it´s better than “PFS_Phosphor_Family_31Jan17”   or   “HP Z24x G2 WLED PFS WLED PFS AdobeRGB+P3 flavor” ?

20201016_KFS_Phosphor is useless (plot it),  “sRGB-like” emulated gamut (emulated green). Closer one should be one sample in PFS_Phosphor_Family_31Jan17, the one with close to P3 green and close sRGB red NATIVE (the spectral series with a hump in shorter red wavelegths). That means that monitor is even more useless trash than I thought or that they do not measured an PA329C at all but a lesser monitor.

Of course you can import it, from command line “oeminst” in ArgyllCMS folder (that way you can plot it)… just happens to be an useless EDR which sets an even lower quality standard for Asus.  If that EDR it was measured from an actual PA329C it is a perfectly fine reason to to not use this trash monitor & return for refund. It’s like returning to 2008 and those TN with modified CCFL to make native green sligthy more saturated to cover more AdobeRGB while keeping sRGB red, although they worked better than THAT pfs phosphors used by Asus (they are some samples from very old Dell & NEC monitors in colorimeter database if you want to check)

It’s a shame that “MM_Cheng” from “asus.com” is a useless calibrator or technician even having such fine equipment for measuring. Spectral corrections should be measured at native gamut, it is useless to do it otherwise.

(OTOH RGB OLED sample seems OK.)

PS Sorry for my tone, but when I plotted that EDR converted to CCSS my disappointment on Asus lowered more my very low standards for them, and you will feel the same.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Vincent.

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

Yeah that´s unfortunate to hear. Hopefully they do not measured an PA329C on that profile.

So i will be better on “Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 98% Adobe RGB/96% P3 (HP DreamColor Z24x G2)” correction in Displaycal?

There is also some profiles which you can download online in DisplayCAL for PA329c, (i attached screenshot)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

I did check again:

https://www.asus.com/us/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/ProArt/ProArt-Display-PA329C/

and if Asus claims on that monitor are true (P3 red), that EDR is not for that monitor 100% sure. According to:

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=AUS&display=PA329C&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1
    (the munki sample at 3nm)

confirms that such EDR is not for that monitor and the closest one to that user made CCSS is the HP one you name.
    There is a small variation in blue led between HP sample and user made sample (like in GB-LED U2413 vs PA242W) but it may be caused by error or missalignment in munki diffraction grating so IDNK if it was real.

If you have a well behaved typical i1d3 should be very small difference using munki 3nm CCSS (user made) vs HP Z24x G2 (xrite).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

I did check again:

https://www.asus.com/us/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/ProArt/ProArt-Display-PA329C/

and if Asus claims on that monitor are true (P3 red), that EDR is not for that monitor 100% sure. According to:

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=AUS&display=PA329C&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1
    (the munki sample at 3nm)

confirms that such EDR is not for that monitor

Ok, finally something good to hear!????????

If you have a well behaved typical i1d3 should be very small difference using munki 3nm CCSS (user made) vs HP Z24x G2 (xrite).

I have new I1Display PLUS so i don´t know, if it will be better because it have better Hardware than i1d3 or worse because it have worse compability with other corrections, i think? Because everybody have i1d3.

So it will be better to use munki 3nm CCSS or HP Z24x G2 (xrite) for me?

Vincent
    Participant

It’s the same device, same HW, but certified to 2000nit.

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

No, CCMX are not for you. They are for the i1d3 colorimeter unit from they were made of.

Vincent
    Participant

CCSS/EDR  = portable

CCMX = only for the colorimeter unit & dsplay unit used to make it.

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

For specifically than one unit they were made of  or for all i1d3? I think you mean CCMX is made for all colorimeters/displays that much that same unit combo, because if it were not so, people would not upload it online. But i will rather ask to be sure.

And you typed i1d3 and i1display pro plus is the same device, but in CCMX it will be problem because it´s not specifically i1d3 yeah?

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 98% Adobe RGB/96% P3 (HP DreamColor Z24x G2”  also forcing me to Refresh mode instead of LCD. But i read somewhere on this forum it´s just a text, so it doesn’t matter.

Vincent
    Participant

“All” i1d3: pro retail, pro plus, pro oem, nec, hp, c6, wacom… all of them are i1d3

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS