Some confusion with profiles and LUTs

Home Forums Help and Support Some confusion with profiles and LUTs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mike Harrington
    Participant

I am trying to make a LUT for resolve GUI, and am confused about possible double color transforms.

When calibrating/profiling….is the 1d lut loaded into the GPU and referenced all the time, or does it specifically have to be loaded. (Does displaycal load it)

I am just concerned about using a 3d LUT that entails the entire correction, and applying it on top of an icc profile or 1D GPU LUT that also contains partial correction.

AKAIK Resolve ignores ICC, but I am not sure if the GPU 1D lut  is permanently active.

Sorry for the confusion 🙂

Mike Harrington
    Participant

Correct me  if I am wrong

I am making a 3d LUT and profile for Resolve GUI with these assumptions…..

As long as the profile is loaded through the displayCal profile loader (set as default) then the 1D GPU table should also be loaded. So apply VCGT should be un-checked so that the LUT does not double the effect of the 1D GPU LUT.

Or resetting video card gamma table in the profile loader would remove the 1D LUT as a fix.

Is this correct?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

As long as the profile is loaded through the displayCal profile loader (set as default) then the 1D GPU table should also be loaded. So apply VCGT should be un-checked so that the LUT does not double the effect of the 1D GPU LUT.

Correct.

Mike Harrington
    Participant

Thanks Florian.

Really appreciate the help and the product you’ve created.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS