Solutions for calibrating Benq SW2700pt

Home Forums General Discussion Solutions for calibrating Benq SW2700pt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Philip
    Participant

Hi

I recently purchased a 2nd hand SW2700pt and was looking to calibrate it.  I have a Colormunki Display which is not compatible with Benq’s Palette Master Element (and I’m not looking to spend another ~$200-$300 for a compatible colorimeter). Does this mean I should give up on hardware calibration altogether and just rely on the ICC profile from the output of DisplayCal, or is there another solution? What are the disadvantages of only relying on the ICC profile and not using hardware calibration?

Thanks

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

a) Palette Master Elements (PME) is not able to measure accurately your dispay even if you had an i1DisplayPro. Benq software does not support LED backlights of any of their displays since it os using RGBLED correction that is not even close to your QLED backlight im some wavelegths.
    You may try to replace wrong expectral data from Benq with the proper one: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/reply/38088/ but may be not an easy task for begginers.
    Using wrong spectral correction as benq does may result in wrong whitepoint with green or pink cast. It’s up to colorimter (firmware data) hence unpredictable unless you dump it an analyze data.
    Anyway, thjis si benq’s fault and they have not solver it in 8 years? so do not expect a solution form them, if you want to solve it you’ll have to built the proper EDR by yourself.

If after calibration (with or without the proper EDR) you see grey range issues, colro tint in some greys but not on the others, it’s PME fault to, You can solve it with DisplayCAL (+optionally DWMLUT) and slow or medium calibration speed.
    Try to validate Benq PME calibration results with DIsplayCAL, PME’s report is useless.

b) Xrite limitations to their cheap colorimeter can be solved by “i1d3hook” from LeDoge:
    https://github.com/ledoge/i1d3_hook

Philip
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Vincent.

I can’t access PME anyway because it doesn’t recognise my current colorimeter; just looking for a reasonably accurate calibration for my monitor for photography. I’m not nearly advanced enough to be editing code in software so how should I go about this in layman’s terms? Should I just load the attached SW2700 ccss file as the correction, run the displaycal calibration and install the icc resulting profile?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Vincent.

I can’t access PME anyway because it doesn’t recognise my current colorimeter; just looking for a reasonably accurate calibration for my monitor for photography.

Use i1d3 hook and PME may work with your colorimeter

I’m not nearly advanced enough to be editing code in software so how should I go about this in layman’s terms? Should I just load the attached SW2700 ccss file as the correction, run the displaycal calibration and install the icc resulting profile?

You should not use that CCS, that is from a P3 simulation. CCSS should be natuve gamut (~AdobeRGB green, ~P3 red).
    You can use displaycal to see asociated primaries locartion of a CCSS, “i” button. If you do not find a suitable CCSS for that SW2700PT use some CCSS from QLED models of Asus PG line (it should be a 32″ in public database: colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/)

Philip
    Participant

I’ve tried using i1d3 hook. PME recognises the Colormunki display as a display pro model, but during the calibration step the device is not measuring anything (I tried trying to validate in PME and its not recording anything). I’ve tried this on on multiple versions of PME. I’m ready to give up on HW calibration on this monitor unless you have any other ideas.

How can I tell if these CCSS are in the native gamut? Is the SW2700 ccss attached suitable, or should I be picking from one of the 3 in the second attachment?

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=BNQ&display=BenQ%20SW2700&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

I’ve tried using i1d3 hook. PME recognises the Colormunki display as a display pro model, but during the calibration step the device is not measuring anything (I tried trying to validate in PME and its not recording anything). I’ve tried this on on multiple versions of PME. I’m ready to give up on HW calibration on this monitor unless you have any other ideas.

Try to contact LeDoge for support, I do not own the munki display but the DisplayPro so I cannot help you with these issues

How can I tell if these CCSS are in the native gamut? Is the SW2700 ccss attached suitable, or should I be picking from one of the 3 in the second attachment?

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=BNQ&display=BenQ%20SW2700&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

Open CCSS in displayCAL, then click on “i” button, then click on “spectral” to see associated color coordinates to each channel in spectral power distribution.
    That kind of QLED widegamut should have close to AdobeRGB green and close to P3 red. If green is P3 or sRGB or is red is sRGB/AdobeRGB, CCSS is invalid, user who measured it did it in a wrong way, CCSS should be captured at native gamut.
    If no one has those primaries, get some QLED from Asus in is PG photo  line from colorimeter database.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS