software for luminance and colorimetry without calibration

Home Forums General Discussion software for luminance and colorimetry without calibration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chiara
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a software that will allow me to use my xrite i1Display Studio as a colorimeter/photometer outside of the “monitor calibration” mode.

I don’t need to calibrate my monitor. Instead, I need to establish the colorimetric profile of images and color patches that appear on a computer monitor, and wonder if there is a way to use this kind of devices in this way.

Is DisplayCAL able to let me do such a measurement?

I thank you in advance for any help or suggestion!

Best,

C

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

I don’t need to calibrate my monitor. Instead, I need to establish the colorimetric profile of images and color patches that appear on a computer monitor, and wonder if there is a way to use this kind of devices in this way.

Profile display without calibration (all settings in calibration tab to native), then choose a detailed profile in profilling tab. Resulting ICM is how the display behaves.

Chiara
    Participant

Excellent! Thank you, I will try that then!

Chiara
    Participant

Thank you again Vincent,

I think I understood what you suggested, however this still does not allow me to fill my task.

The fact is that I need to measure the color of MY color patch, not the one provided by Display cal in its Test chart…

Is there a way to edit the test chart so that the colors shown are determined by the user (e.g. on the basis of a hexadecimal color code)?

At any rate, the color patch I want to measure does not need to be shown on the monitor of the same computer on which Display cal is running. So theoretically I could be running Display cal on my laptop, but the i1Display studio could be applied on a different monitor, which is showing its own color patches (for which I need color and luminance measurements).

I hope I was able to express myself clearly enough…

I used to do this with a Tektronics photometer which is quite old now and am looking for alternatives.

Thanks for any help!

C

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Chiara.

Vincent
    Participant

DisplayCAL-testchart-editor.exe, then use your newly made testchart. For remote measurement you’ll need a not color managed browser.

If you just want to measure a few single patches use ArgyllCMS command-line “spotread” and whatever patch you want in MS Paint (not color managed).
    More than a few patches patches (+- 4) go to  testchart editor.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Vincent.

Chiara
    Participant

OK!!! Thank you again!! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS