So i just got a i1 2 pro , but white don’t match even when both are W-LED…

Home Forums Help and Support So i just got a i1 2 pro , but white don’t match even when both are W-LED…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

A.ces
    Participant

Both are standard gamut and both has white balance calibrated to within 6490-6515k but for some reason the external monitor looks different, and if i match the external one the laptop then the spectro is way off 6500k, they are both W-LED non wide gamut so should’t the spectro make them match?

Vincent
    Participant
    1. CCT is not  valid way to address whitepoint. Several threads explaining it, even wikipedia. If you want to compare use dE00 difference between them
    2. 10nm may not be enough to catch blue led details, make sure you use 3nm (high res)
    3. Standard observer (whatever current or future standard observer) is a mean, you as an observer can be off the mean

A.ces
    Participant
    1. CCT is not  valid way to address whitepoint. Several threads explaining it, even wikipedia. If you want to compare use dE00 difference between them
    2. 10nm may not be enough to catch blue led details, make sure you use 3nm (high res)
    3. Standard observer (whatever current or future standard observer) is a mean, you as an observer can be off the mean

I’m not looking at CCT but actual D65 coordinates which they both are very close too, I did use the 3nm mode so it should be able accurately make a ccmx, or spectral correction especially when it’s not even a WCG display but normal 99% SRGB with some over coverage but not much more than the laptop display, if you want I can upload the CCSS file for you too check, it looks pretty close to the CCSS in the laptop, I also did try the xrite specified 2nm corrections, they also had the problem that D65 looks off when compared to the laptop D65.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by A.ces.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

A.ces
    Participant

Hmm seems like the perceptual match to the laptop keeps one RGB channel untouched unlike the reported coordinates when using CCSS, or ccmx, does this mean that it’s more correct as usually it’s recommend to keep one color channel at full?

Vincent
    Participant

For preserving max possible contrast (for a given white point)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Vincent.

A.ces
    Participant

For preserving max possible contrast (for a given white point)

Btw do you what is usually more accurate CCSS or CCMX?

Vincent
    Participant

CCMX = make colorimeter measure like spectro (whatever it is accurate or not)

CCSS = trust that colorimeter sensivity curves in firmware match colorimeter actual sensivity cuves, correct them with a spectral power distribution sample.

For distribution better CCSSS. For true reference devices (like a JETI or something like that), better CCMX.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS