Smartphone display with adjustments

Home Forums General Discussion Smartphone display with adjustments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Harry
    Participant

Hi all.

As my monitor is calibrated well with DisplayCal, I was wonder if my smartphone could also be calibrated?
    My LG phone is rooted with custom a rom and the qualcom chipsets allows for real adjustments. There is a section which allows for some basic adjustments as follows:

Colour temperature in Kelvin

Red, Green, Blue each adjustable 0-100%

Hue, Saturation, Contrast, Intensity (which I don’t understand it’s effect fully).

Is their a way I could manually use DisplayCal to read those parameters and perhaps I could manually open up some test colours and grey to adjust accordingly?

Of course being it manual, I don’t want too large a test pallete, it could take a while. Even a few would probably give a better visual look than the one at the moment.

As a photographer, It would be nice to show my clients a truer or closer representation.

Thanks in advance.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

As my monitor is calibrated well with DisplayCal, I was wonder if my smartphone could also be calibrated?

Possibly, although most mobile applications can not use ICC profiles. You’d likely have to prepare your images locally (on a computer) and transfer converted versions of them to your phone.

Is their a way I could manually use DisplayCal to read those parameters and perhaps I could manually open up some test colours and grey to adjust accordingly?

Yes. Use the “Web @ localhost” interface and a browser on your phone.

Harry
    Participant

Hi Florian, thanks for the advice and guide.

Will test it out

SirMaster
    Participant

If you have manual controls for the display, I recommend checking out HCFR for calibration.

You may need to use your own pattern source though like images or a video that you load on the phone and call up when you tell HCFR you are reading a certain patch, like 10% greyscale steps and primary/secondary colors at various saturations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS