Significant Green tint after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Significant Green tint after calibration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Shpiiike
    Participant

I am calibrating an Acer G257HU display with a Colormunki Display. This if my first time calibrating this monitor with a new 2017 macbook pro. Every profile I have created with the new macbook for the Acer display has a significant green tint to gray/tan areas. This includes the finder background, but also backgrounds of several apps. To note, when I use the previous profile I created on my old macbook pro (mid 2012 model) none of these issues occur – grays are gray and tans are tan. Not sure how to remedy this issue. Screen shots of the different profiles are attached that demonstrate the tint

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

First of all verify that calibration is not “borken”: with your measurement device and DisplayCAL profile verification (check a*b* axis  deviations from 0 in greys) or visually without color management (that will not be easy in OSX, AFAIK there is not turn off button to desktop color management keeping calibration loaded into graphics card).

If this things are OK (profile OK and greys are visually neutral) but you created with DisplayCAL a profle with 3 TRC curves (XYZLUT, curves + matrix, etc,…) its a known bug from OSX color management engine for desktop. You should use 1TRC profiles (single curve + matrix) until Apple solves it, but it does not seem to be fixed soon.
    If your orevious profile does not show those errors is because it shoukld be a 1TRC profile.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The profile itself looks fine, but the calibration reduces luminance a lot, which seems to indicate you have set a luminance target but didn’t adjust the display backlight. Also, on Mac OS X, you should use DisplayCAL defaults, which will create a single curve + matrix profile.

Make sure to use an appropriate correction for the display type (probably white LED).

In terms of display settings, the usual recommendations apply: Disable any dynamic/automatic dimming/contrast functionality, don’t use 6-axis color controls, profile the display in its widest gamut mode.

Shpiiike
    Participant

Thanks both, it looks like I was creating an XYZLUT which was causing the issue. Creating the single curve + matrix resolved the issue. Hopefully apple comes up with a fix soon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS