Should I still use 3D LUT for MadVR if avg DE > 0.5?

Home Forums Help and Support Should I still use 3D LUT for MadVR if avg DE > 0.5?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nosauce
    Participant

In 3D LUT guide for MadVR it says “The self check error should not be higher than 0.5 DE average and 5 DE peak.” I got a DE = 2.47, max 17.49. This might be because it’s a laptop display. Is the guide suggesting that I’m better off not using 3D LUT for MadVR?

I installed it and the video clip I tried looked very bizarre. The clothing looks shinny and the faces look pastel color. Something is seriously wrong. Any advice?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by nosauce.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you have created a matrix profile, and your display is not very linear, then the profile may not be a good match to the actual device response. For this reason, it is recommended to create a cLUT profile when best accuracy is the goal.

If your laptop doesn’t have stable light output (power saving/dimming/any sort of “dynamic” picture mode etc), or the environment interfered (e.g. direct light shining on the screen during measurements), then it may have botched the measurements.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS