Should I do something special when calibrating/profiling 2 monitors?

Home Forums Help and Support Should I do something special when calibrating/profiling 2 monitors?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rfgamaral
    Participant

At work I have 2 Dell monitors, side by side. They are the same exact model and are both connected through Display Port cables to a Dock which I connect to my work Dell laptop. However, the colors are slightly different on both of them and I’d like to use DisplayCAL to calibrate/profile both of them and make them look exactly the same.

But how exactly should I do this? I mean, calibrate them individually is easy I guess, but how about the profiles? I’m guessing different profiles will be generated for each monitor, right? Does DisplayCAL handle this for me without any issues? Is there anything I should be aware before starting the calibration/process or just do it normally but twice, one for each monitor?

Help is appreciated 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m guessing different profiles will be generated for each monitor, right? Does DisplayCAL handle this for me without any issues?

Yes.

Is there anything I should be aware before starting the calibration/process or just do it normally but twice, one for each monitor?

You’ll likely want to match whitepoints visually to get the best possible match. See the FAQ in this forum.

Edit: Also note that some graphic applications are not multi monitor aware.

rfgamaral
    Participant

You’ll likely want to match whitepoints visually to get the best possible match. See the FAQ in this forum.

Well, my first time calibrating these two monitors didn’t yield very good results. I was calibrating them individually and tried to match the whitepoint within middle of the R/G/B sliders from DisplayCAL. One monitor got a bit more greenish than the other. I’ve read the FAQ now and I’ll try a second calibration next Monday by following the described procedure and matching the whitepoints visually.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS