Severe banding in windows 1903

Home Forums Help and Support Severe banding in windows 1903

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

A.ces
    Participant

Hi I seem to have severe banding in 1903 that gets triggered by reading/accessing the GPU lut, or by rearranging the monitors in display settings. I do have the latest update, drivers etc.

Curiously the banding pattern goes away if I uninstall/disable the Nvidia driver, and use the basic Microsoft adapter driver.

Here’s a picture I took with my phone you can clearly see dark rows of banding

Windows 1903 Banding

I’ve reported the issue both to nvidia, and Microsoft multiple times since the issue has been there for months in the insider builds which is now RTM but seems that nothing is being done about it.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yep, nVidia seems to have messed up big time with the latest driver. The severe banding is even apparent with linear gamma ramps.

A.ces
    Participant

Yep, nVidia seems to have messed up big time with the latest driver. The severe banding is even apparent with linear gamma ramps.

I don’t think this is only due to nvidia as it works fine in older windows builds, and the banding is still there on 1903 with a wddm 2.3 driver, the fault is probably both MS, and Nvidia.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS