[Settings Help] Subtle differences with every calibration.

Home Forums Help and Support [Settings Help] Subtle differences with every calibration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

TASpangler
    Participant

Hello, longtime novice user of dispcalGUI and displayCAL3 looking to tap into just fraction of the communities extensive knowledge.  My problem is that calibrations yield slightly different results under indentical settings.  Minor differences, most noticable in greys, usually more reddish or green.

The hardware I am using — Spyder5 and an ASUS PB258Q.  Far from the bleeding edge, I know, but I do want to get the maximum potential out of my gear.  I use this monitor for everything, web browsing, movies, gaming.  No truly color intensive work.  But I have done as much self-research as I think I’m going to accomplish, and while a lot of the jargon is over my head I have come a long way from “eyeballing” it.  Just want a little extra push in the right direction.

My settings are as follows —
    Monitor: Brightness 16, Contrast 80 (default), R97, G93, B92.

DisplayCAL —
    LCD (White LED)
    Correction: Auto (None)
    Whitepoint: 6500k
    White Level: 100 cd/m2
    Gamma: 2.4 (Relative)
    Black output offset: 100%
    Calibration Speed: High
    Profile Quality: High (usually run with an auto-optimized testchart of 425 patches.

My calibration takes aprox. 90 minutes and ends with an sRGB coverage of 98.8% to 99%. My monitor is in a controlled enviroment with no external light, very dim ambient light and 6500k bias lighting. What I graciouslly ask is for opinions on my settings or If I am just at the limit of my hardware. Thank you so much for you time.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the repeatability of the results is only limited by the repeatability of the instrument + display in question, as well the calibration speed setting (I would not recommend decreasing speed past “medium” due to diminishing returns).

usually run with an auto-optimized testchart of 425 patches.

I would recommend staying at the default of 175. The other settings look fine.

TASpangler
    Participant

Greatly appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by TASpangler.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS