seriously borked profile

Home Forums Help and Support seriously borked profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Gethin Coles
    Participant

no matter what sort of profile I create I get a seriously borked profile.

Photoshop for instance has a colour picker that looks like this:

I have an old i1 pro, am calibrating a dell 27″ u2711.  Is my i1 knackered?   Any help hugely appreaciated, am currently running with no clibration arghh!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I have an old i1 pro, am calibrating a dell 27″ u2711. Is my i1 knackered?

The i1 Pro mainly suffers from black calibration drift, which makes it less suitable for prolonged display measurements. You can alleviate this somewhat by enabling black level drift compensation, letting the instrument warm up on the display before measurements, and reducing the amount of measured patches (i.e. calibration speed ‘high’, reduce number of profile patches), and not skipping instrument calibration.

If you keep having problems, attach the profile please.

Gethin Coles
    Participant

Hey florian,

I installed the update (3.5.1), and moved the eyeone to a rear usb port.  I also swapped the display ports around so that monitor 1 was now may main monitor.  When I started doing the calibration the messages I was getting were different: rather than asking me to put the device on a dark matte background for calibration it was telling me to put it on the reflective base (with correct serial number!).  This time no borkage! Hurrah.

The problem I had is that the monitor has no separate controls for white and black point, after 45 mins of twiddling, this is as good as I could get:

I concentrated on the black point rather than the white, as I’m a low-key kinda guy 🙂  Any thoughts on that?

The profile seems pretty good, except the white is not bright – compared to my HP monitor right beside it (which weirdly profiled OK).

Florian Höch
    Administrator

[ Side note: Your images don’t show, probably because you didn’t set them as publicly visible? ]

The profile seems pretty good, except the white is not bright – compared to my HP monitor right beside it (which weirdly profiled OK).

The profile doesn’t affect the brightness of your monitor though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS