Selecting proper parameters to calibrate Dell U2415

Home Forums Help and Support Selecting proper parameters to calibrate Dell U2415

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mike
    Participant

hi there. long time lurker, first time poster.

i’ve used displaycal numerous times on my older monitors (primarily on LP2465). i was able to find a tutorial made specifically for that monitor by someone on another forum.

I now have Dell U2415 and couldn’t really find anything about which specific parameters to select in the tool for proper calibration.

Things such as “profile type” – is it Gamma+matrix, XYZ LUT+matrix.. which one would i select? Which Techchart would I use for this also? Which Observer?

Another question I have is would I need to adjust my contrast setting from the default (75) to something else or just never touch it at all? I know a lot of tutorials out there also state about using the White level of 120.00cd/m2, but is it the most optimal setting? Why 120?

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

there is no need to tweak settings for specific monitors – only correction needs to be set according to backlight and panel type (the U2415 uses a white LED backlight).

Mike
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

So what would I choose for “profile type”, which matrix and techchart? Could I stick with the same settings I did for my older monitor?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So what would I choose for “profile type”, which matrix and techchart? Could I stick with the same settings I did for my older monitor?

Either that or use defaults.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS