Samsung Q60A QLED TV Calibration & Questions

Home Forums Help and Support Samsung Q60A QLED TV Calibration & Questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dividian
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new to the world of display calibration & have some questions.

1. Can the Samsung Q60A  series of TV be calibrated with a NEC SpectraSensor Pro ? (I mean is the panel’s  properties within the the colorimeter’s capabilities)?
    2. Out of the box, when  I play 4K videos from an Android box, I find that everything looks washed out. & so I started tweaking(), but no amount of tweaking the TV’s settings help. I am not sure where the problem lies…TV or Android box
    3.  But then, when I played the same 4K video via a Laptop connected to the TV, I find that it is not washed out. The TV also goes into some special “PC Mode” at that time.

I am very confused as I am not sure where the problem is  & that’s when I stumbled upon calibration.
    My idea is to check if calibration would help, if not, contact technical support.
    I would appreciate ideas & similar experiences, that you all might have had!

Jaylumx
    Participant

Samsung has HDMI black level – Auto, Normal (0-255/PC levels) or Low (16-235/TV levels).  Does changing that help with the washed out colours in your Android box?

Also what setting is your Android box?  If you are just using it to watch TV/Movies then ideally it should be  set to TV levels.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new to the world of display calibration & have some questions.

1. Can the Samsung Q60A  series of TV be calibrated with a NEC SpectraSensor Pro ? (I mean is the panel’s  properties within the the colorimeter’s capabilities)?

If that colorimeter is a rebranded i1d3 it can measure whatever emisive RGB device you want as long as you provide a spectral power distribution sample (CCSS, portable) or a taylor made 3×3 matrix correction.

There should be a QLED CCSS bundled in default displayCAl correctiond for i1d3 family of colormeters. If it is not present in HCFR (more oriented towards TV calibration using only OSD control) yu can copy that CCSS from DisplayCAL.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Dividian
    Participant

Samsung has HDMI black level – Auto, Normal (0-255/PC levels) or Low (16-235/TV levels).  Does changing that help with the washed out colors in your Android box?

Also what setting is your Android box?  If you are just using it to watch TV/Movies then ideally it should be  set to TV levels.

I have attached some pictures of what I am looking at!
    The HDMI black option is greyed out for some reason!
    The reference frame that I am looking at is at time 2:22 from the 4K Youtube video “COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR (ULTRA HD)”
    There are many display options in the Android box, I have attached a pic of what settings it currently has!
    I have set the resolution to 2160p so that it outputs 4K & the frame rate to 24fps, because setting beyond that makes it lose frames in videos with fast moving content.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS