Samsung KU7000 and iMac 2017 4K correction settings

Home Forums Help and Support Samsung KU7000 and iMac 2017 4K correction settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hadi
    Participant

Hi,

I am new on DisplayCal. I use i1 Display Pro (Retail, rev B) I want to calibrate and load 3d for my Samsung KU7000 with eeColor box. I checked the following site and it says it’s SVA Edge-Led:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model-display/098c46d

Which correction should I choose. I’ve searched here and google but I cannot find anything about it.

Also, I’ve been told that ChromeCast first generation is good for DisplayCal but when I choose it from display, I get a message that told ChromeCast accuracy is not good.

Also, one more question if you don’t mind. I have iMac 4K 2017. And somewhere in here, I read Panasonic VVX… CCSS was recommended  for İ1 Display Pro and iMac 2017. But, when I check colorimeter correction website, there are two CCSS files for Panasonic  VVX17P051J00. One is 3.3nm, 370-730nm, and the other is 9.7nm, 380-730nm. Which one should I download?

Kindest Regards,

Hadi

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Hadi
    Participant

Any recommendation?

Vincent
    Participant

Use “Panasonic VVX17P051J00” 1nm resolution bundled with i1d3 (DisplayCAL or i1Profiler) instead.

Regarding “Samsung KU7000”, take a few RGB primaries measurement at TVs OSD configuration to widest possible gamut (look for native of something like that, you have to do some research). With xyY or XYX coordinates of native RGB primaries:
    -close to sRGB primaries = WLED correction
    -close to P3 (slightly smaller in green may be) and “LED” display = “Panasonic VVX17P051J00” (WLED PFS)
    -close to P3/AdobeRGB or even beyond and Quantum Dot backlight = IDNK, maybe RGBLED would be acceptable, or a native CCSS from a Benq SW2700PT.

Hadi
    Participant

Vincent
    Participant

http://displaycal.net/i1d3 or EDRs in i1Profiler. EDR to CCSS with ArgyllCMS tools (maybe current DisplayCAL does the transformation automatically)

Hadi
    Participant

Thank you very much

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS