Same monitor, different OS, different results?

Home Forums Help and Support Same monitor, different OS, different results?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zentenk
    Participant

I just bought a new Windows machine that will replace my Macbook Pro as my main machine. I’m calibrating my monitor with the new Windows computer and for the reason the results are a lot different from my Macbook Pro.

I’m using the same monitor and I haven’t changed any settings on the monitor or DisplayCal.

My monitor is rated as having 100% AdobeRGB and 93% DCI P3 coverage, which with my MBP I get exactly those numbers. On my windows machine when I calibrate the same monitor, I’m getting 86% AdobeRGB and something similar in DCI P3 coverage.

I’m using the Spyder X Pro.

Anyone got any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Check HDMI connection, maybe it is running on limited range while display expects full range.

Otherwise your post lacks of information to request further help: plot 2D gamut of the 2 profiles, attach profiles or something like that.

zentenk
    Participant

Thanks Vincent, I think this is it.

Under NVIDIA control panel it was defaulted to  “Use Default color settings”. Changed it to “Use NVIDIA color settings” and selected “Full” under “Output dynamic range”, I am now getting 99.1% aRGB coverage.

While not 100% I’m going to run a feel more calibrations to make sure.

S Simeonov
    Participant

Thanks Vincent, I think this is it.

Under NVIDIA control panel it was defaulted to  “Use Default color settings”. Changed it to “Use NVIDIA color settings” and selected “Full” under “Output dynamic range”, I am now getting 99.1% aRGB coverage.

While not 100% I’m going to run a feel more calibrations to make sure.

I wouldn’t bet to get 100% sRGB coverage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS