Same calibrated white point on 2 monitors different colors on white

Home Forums Help and Support Same calibrated white point on 2 monitors different colors on white

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Marasmic
    Participant

Hi,

So, I calibrated 2 monitors that I’m trying out to 6500k and despite being at the same white point, one is noticeably warmer and more yellow on white. I’ve messed with the settings in displaycal and no matter how I adjust them or what color temperature I set it to, this panel is always noticeably more yellow. I was hoping that someone would be able to take a look at the measurement reports I uploaded, to see if I did something wrong. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me. I’m very new to monitor calibration and set up and I’m completely lost.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

please see the FAQ.

Marasmic
    Participant

Thanks. That was a huge help and very informative.

I only have one follow up question. If I change the white point on the Asus to be a more natural white to my eyes, will the color temperature still be right if I edit a photo on it? I get that the colors will still be correct relative to the white point, but will the image overall be too warm or too cool on a monitor that’s calibrated to the standard 6500k?

Sorry if this a dumb question,  this is a ton of information to process.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The way the human visual system works, you do not need to care about color temperature (or any specific whitepoint target for that matter). The only thing you need to care about is that white matches across displays as close as possible in case you are viewing them simultaneously (and in case you are using a viewing booth, also that it visually matches its light source, or paper white under that light source). To put it simply, your eyes adapt to the brightest source of white light (usually the screen if you are sitting in front of it), no matter what it is in absolute terms.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS