Resolve – i1 – PA249 – big problem

Home Forums Help and Support Resolve – i1 – PA249 – big problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Domenik Schuster
    Participant

Hi you all & a big shout out to Florian,

I just got to know DisplayCAL a few days ago and spent the last couple of hours scrolling down the forum. I am seriously impressed by the amount of time you put into supporting the costumers.

Well, I have a problem with the following set up:

iMac 5k – Blackmagic UltraStudio mini monitor – ASUS PA249 – i1 Pro

Today I ran several calibrations for DaVinci Resolve following your comprehensive guide. However, after applying the 3D LUT in Resolve it looked like the attached picture.

I then checked the calibration overview and the Gamut just looks strange. There are a few measurements that just seem to be completely off, the value for average was about 8 I think. Apparently I did not save the screenshot of the gamut diagram but only of the curve .. However, I found two things I am trying tomorrow as soon as I get into the office. I just wanted to open this thread to get some more information (since calibration takes some time and it’s nice to save some .. )

Here is what I would try: (I am quoting Florian)

“Try increasing the minimum display update delay on the “Display & instrument” tab (e.g. try 1000ms, advanced options need to be enabled in the “Options” menu).”

“All that’s left to do now is decrease calibration speed to “fast” or “medium” and increase the amount of profiling patches again using the slider (with testchart set to “Auto”), to create a more accurate profile.”

“Ok, so Argyll CMS seems to not be working correctly on your system (anymore?). Weird. Have you tried removing and re-downloading the latest Argyll CMS executables?”

Any suggestions? I’ll upload the compressed archive tomorrow if needed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

if you could attach the current profile (“Create compressed archive”, next to settings with the profile selected), then we can possibly get a better picture of what the problem might be.

Nick Lindridge
    Participant

Domenik, hope you get this sorted. When you do, make sure in Resolve that you change the default setting for the scopes LUT to “No Lut” as the default on a project is currently to apply the monitor LUT to the scopes data, meaning that the scopes show the output after adjustment for the monitor and leading you into an inaccurate grade. Too easy to forget this and one reason to favour a LUT box.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS