Resolve external display – switches focus on DisplayCal window

Home Forums Help and Support Resolve external display – switches focus on DisplayCal window

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Enrico Targetti
    Participant

Hello there, I’m having a frustrating problem with DisplayCal 3.5.3

I’m trying to calibrate an external display for Resolve, connected through a Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor, using a i1Display Pro

I’m following all the steps of the workflow guide. When I put the IP address in monitor calibration, DisplayCal correctly starts sending the patches to Resolve and as long as I have the Resolve window active, the patches are displayed on the monitor.

The problem is that after a couple of minutes the focus switches from Resolve to the DisplayCal process, and Resolve stops outputting the patches to the monitor, thus invalidating the measurement.

If I go to the settings of the MiniMonitor I can only choose to display either black or a freeze of the last frame when the resolve window is not active.

The funny thing is that I’ve always been able to perform the calibration with no problem, with Resolve constantly displaying the patches, even when I had the DisplayCal window in the foreground. I since updated to 3.5.3 and replaced my Spyder 4 with an i1Display Pro.

This happens with both Resolve 14 and the beta of 15.

Anybody with some ideas? This is driving me crazy.

Thank you for your help and thank you for the great software and support.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Resolve 14 introduced a new option that interferes with calibration if not turned off. See the important note on top of the Resolve 3D LUT calibration Wiki page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS