Resolve – Decklink Mini Monitor calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Resolve – Decklink Mini Monitor calibration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m trying to calibrate my third screen connected with HDMI cable to a Decklink Mini Monitor 4k. I start DisplayCAL, choose “Video 3D LUT for Resolve”, and Display “Resolve”. I choose Calibrate&Profile, and type in the IP into Resolve. It connects fine.

The issue is that it doesn’t show the calibration patch on the third monitor. The only thing that shows, is what is on my timeline. How do I get the calibration patch to show on the third monitor connected to the Decklink?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Make sure that you uncheck “Release video I/O hardware when not in focus” under Resolve preferences -> Video and Audio I/O, otherwise the patterns will not update properly. You may restore this preference after all measurements are complete if desired.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I verified I have the option unchecked.

I have a Dell UP2716D, connected with HDMI to the Decklink 4k card. I also have the monitor displayport connected to my Nvidia 1080ti so I can use the screen for regular Windows desktop too. I switch to HDMI and see the image from Resolve fullscreen. That works. But the pattern never shows. I tried disconnecting the DP , and just have HDMI connected to see if that was the issue. But that didnt help.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Do the patches display in the Resolve GUI?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was able to get this resolved. Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Please share what you did to get it working, it may help other users. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was the Anti-Virus/Firewall blocking the port. I disabled it, and the connection worked.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS