Resolve color viewer 3d lut posterization

Home Forums Help and Support Resolve color viewer 3d lut posterization

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rizkiahmads
    Participant

Hey again Sir!

i experimenting with displayCal for resolve color viewer GUI, my LG ultrawide cover 99% srgb gamut. I already read your wikis and success calibrated the profile for 3dlut. What i want to ask, why if i using 3dlut color viewer LUT, my image always have a posterization if i go extreme, and a lot of noise in shadow etc. see the attachment. Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

attach the profile please (“Create compressed archive…” button next to settings in DisplayCAL).

rizkiahmads
    Participant

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I already read your wikis and success calibrated the profile for 3dlut. What i want to ask, why if i using 3dlut color viewer LUT, my image always have a posterization if i go extreme, and a lot of noise in shadow etc. see the attachment. Thank you!

The 3D LUT seems fine, very smooth. Note that extreme adjustments to your images may simply bring out the defects in the image itself.

rizkiahmads
    Participant

Hmmmm, when i disable that LUT color viewer, the problem is gone my image is normal whenever i made adjustment, but when i enable that, it is just like that, weird image. I.e if i bring my shadow down all the way down, the image kinda start clipping that black make dotted noise posterization something like that, idk, like the first attachment. The image too desaturated and contrast is back to low, i can fine with that like it seems suppose to be like that.

So, the conclusion, on the image i attach, Is it normal? If you said the 3dlut is fine and smooth, seems i doing it right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS