ReShade with DCI-P3 Display – can't get 3D LUT to work

Home Forums Help and Support ReShade with DCI-P3 Display – can't get 3D LUT to work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Daniel1
    Participant

Hello,

i recently got a Philips 326M6 Monitor with 2160p60hz, 98% DCI-P3 and DisplayHDR 600.

I disabled HDR in the Monitor Settings and in Windows 10 1903 to calibrate and profile it for sRGB. (Unfortunately it doesn’t have a usable sRGB emulation mode because Brightness is fixed to 400cd in the sRGB mode).  The gamut coverage was 100% sRGB and 98% DCI-P3.

I tried creatung a 3D LUT for ReShade (which i used in the past on my old sRGB Monitor with great results) but i can’t seem to get a “working” 3D LUT.

I used the Tutorial on the DisplayCAL Website and tried with and without creating an exception in the Profile Loader as well as different Gamma settings for the ReShade LUT but i always get extremely washed out colors after applying the ReShade LUT.

I think this is an issue because of the DCI-P3 coverage of the display and some incorrect settings for the ReShade LUT but i don’t have enough knowledge what i did wrong.

I want to create a ReShade LUT that works for sRGB/Rec 709 because that is what games without HDR expect, and colors should be accurate without oversaturation because of the DCI-P3 Display.

I attached some files regarding the configuration below.

Yours sincerely

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Daniel1.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the Spyder5 cannot read the black level of many displays (anything above roughly 2100:1 contrast) correctly, and is thus not suitable for BT.1886. Use a 100% output offset curve (drag the slider) when creating the 3D LUT instead.

Daniel1
    Participant

So i tried with the offset and gamma 2.2 absolut and relativ but colors are still washed out.

I’m not sure what setting for “gamma” (2.2, 2.4, absolut, relativ) and for “farbübertragung” i should use.

Maybe i have done something wrong with the profile which is used to generate the Reshade LUT. I’m new to wide gamut displays and despite some reading i’m not really 100% confident in the matter.

Maybe i can create another topic with some questions? or ask here?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So i tried with the offset and gamma 2.2 absolut and relativ but colors are still washed out.

Rec. 709 colors are less saturated than DCI P3, that’s the whole point.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS