requests – CCT display, measurement window resize

Home Forums General Discussion requests – CCT display, measurement window resize

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark Appleton
    Participant

I have a couple of respectful requests now that I’m using DispCAL a lot more often:

1. Unless “as measured” is chosen for the white point in the Calibration menu, the CCT is not displayed during the initial measurement; only the CIE co-ordinates and dE are shown. Would it be possible to have the CCT displayed for all white point selections? I use the CIE co-ordinates for accuracy but a CCT reading would make it easier to get within 50 K of the target so the program will assume that whitepoint for its calibration.
    2. Would it be possible to allow the measurement window to be re-sized during the LUT patch sequence (perhaps when Paused)? I use a huge window for unattended measurements but would like to shrink it sometimes to make the PC somewhat usable!

Many thanks for your continuing hard work, Florian!

Vincent
    Participant

1. Unless “as measured” is chosen for the white point in the Calibration menu, the CCT is not displayed during the initial measurement; only the CIE co-ordinates and dE are shown. Would it be possible to have the CCT displayed for all white point selections? I use the CIE co-ordinates for accuracy but a CCT reading would make it easier to get within 50 K of the target so the program will assume that whitepoint for its calibration.

It does not work as I think you think it works.

What if I choose a white point outside daylight or backbody locus because I want to match a paper without relying on Adobe PS simulate white paper? color coordinates and dE to target is the way to go. CCT values won’t get me to the exact place towards green or towards magenta from a know locus like daylight curve.

Also you can have a white point with 6500K CCT value… and it could be pink. CCT/CDT are half-meaningless: blue-yellow info.

Mark Appleton
    Participant

It does not work as I think you think it works.

What if I choose a white point outside daylight or backbody locus because I want to match a paper without relying on Adobe PS simulate white paper? color coordinates and dE to target is the way to go. CCT values won’t get me to the exact place towards green or towards magenta from a know locus like daylight curve.

Also you can have a white point with 6500K CCT value… and it could be pink. CCT/CDT are half-meaningless: blue-yellow info.

But surely in such cases the CCT can just be ignored (or hidden – how about a “show CCT” toggle in the Calibration menu?).

My point is that if the program insists on being within 50K of the desired CCT (for those of us shooting for a locus), actually showing the CCT would be helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS