Reddish hue on browser after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Reddish hue on browser after calibration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

owatchfirst
    Participant

Hello. I have colormunki display. I calibrated my monitor with it. But after calibration this:http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php black backgrounded site looked like red/brown. And colors distort on the contrast test. Some of the blue bars looked like purple for example. I download that contrast image as a jpg. It looked perfectly fine on my pc but looked distort on chrome browser. Did i mess any setting ? Can you help me ?

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You’re probably using Chrome whose color management seems to be completely broken since several versions.

MW
    Participant

With Chrome your best bet is creating a single curve+matrix profile.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That’s a usable work-around. You can do this from an existing profile without taking new measurements: On the “Profiling” tab, set testchart to “Auto” and move the patch amount slider all the way to the left. Then, select “Create profile from measurement data…” in the “File” menu, and select the existing profile. Save under a new name.

owatchfirst
    Participant

I recalibrate with single curve + matrix. Results are bad yes but it solved the problem.

Default iso2015 result: avg delta: 0.24 %99 delta: 0.83

Single curve+matrix: avg delta: 0.78 %99 delta: 2.58

Which one is better for games ? I have va panel. It has 3000 contrast. Calibrated 2.2 gamma, 6500k. I noticed that games on my pc looks worse than my ps4 pro (not graphically, color-gamma-contrastwise) Im assuming playstation closed system uses better profiles for games while windows doesnt use my icc profiles for games ?

Also my monitor 144hz. Im using lcd generic option not refresh generic. Is that right ? Which profile type better for games ?

Vincent
    Participant

If you plug your PS4 to a TV or monitor… your are not using DisplayCAL calibration, just OSD configuration for whitepoint or other controls that you modified.
    I mean Rec709/sRGB games running in your PS4 will render images to an uncalibrated monitor (gamma, grey) .

Running fullscreen games on a PC plugged to that display “may” reset calibration loaded into graphics card LUT to a linear calibration (no calibration)…so it’s possible that with Rec709/sRGB games you see them in an uncalibrated monitor no matter if you use a PS4 or PC.

What you may mean with “not graphically, color-gamma-contrast wise” is that you own “HDR games” for PS4 Pro and that your VA gaming monitor supports some kind of HDR “input format“, be or not be full HDR10 compliant or using some kind of bad/good FADL for HDR.
    If that is your situation then you are comparing apples with oranges: HDR PS4Pro  version vs Rec709/sRGB PC version. Again, if that is your situation, just make sure that when you run the same game on your PC:
    -your PC version of that game supports HDR with your hardware.
    -you enabled HDR mode in Windows before runing game (desktop will look dull, don’t worry)
    -enable HDR in game

It is likely that some HDR games will try to clear calibration loaded into your graphics card LUT, and that VA gaming monitor’s “HDR mode” will have “locked” controls… so it’s very likely that you will play all your PC HDR games relying on factory calibration values for “HDR mode” and it’s very unlikely that you can fix it for games.
    Same goes for PS4 Pro HDR content sent to that monitor.
    Maybe with ReShade in your PC… but I’ve never used it so IDNK if it has ome kind of HDR support.

If your gaming monitor does not support HDR “input”, forget what i said.

owatchfirst
    Participant

Yeah i know 🙂 My monitor not hdr. Ps4 pro image looks high contrast, better colors, better distinction, no jagged edges. Probably because of ps4 pro(performance mode) working on just one specific hardware and devs designing games for that specific hardware. I only tried couple of games tho. Maybe its just game dependent. Bad pc port or something. Not sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS