Red tint after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Red tint after calibration

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

avain
    Participant

Hi, I have a problem where the darker shades of color appear to have red tint after calibrating my monitor with DisplayCAL and Spyder 5. I wonder what has gone wrong since I’m not expert in this. I have attached measurement report as file in the post. Help is appreaciated

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

avain
    Participant

It seems I managed to solve it by resetting icc profile and monitors factory settings. Then I restarted pc and monitor. Then I just reapplied profile with the right settings

Edit: Nope. It’s back again

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by avain.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

In which application(s) do you see the red tint? Note that chrome has bugs with ICC color management that introduce such tints (they are not really there). Search the forum to find respective threads discussing the problem.

avain
    Participant

You are right. It’s actually only in chrome. I used lagom.nl test site and it shows correctly in mozilla. So is chrome usable at all in any settings then? I sow post about using single curve + matrix profile but I’m unsure if it works

avain
    Participant

Thanks for the help! I wouldn’t have realized that it was application related so easily. I used single curve + matrix on top of ZYXLUT + matrix profile and red tint seems to be still there. Should I use single curve + matrix on top of default icc profile for best result? I see if I can find more in the forums

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You cannot use a profile “on top of” another. It’s always just the currently installed (and assigned) profile that’s active for any given monitor.

That said, using a single curve + matrix profile should work in Chrome.

avain
    Participant

I really meant I calibrated to single curve + matrix  icc profile after already having applied the XYZLUT + matrix icc profile and the red tint didn’t vanish in chrome. But I guess that shouldn’t affect it then? Strange

avain
    Participant

I set to default icc profile and recalibrated with single curve + matrix and now its alright. Thanks again

avain
    Participant

I’m not having any issues anymore but I thought to mention that I calibrated new XYZLUT + matrix profile after the less accurate single curve + matrix and I seem to no longer get the red tint. Not sure how exactly but maybe this could help others with same problem

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

I set to default icc profile and recalibrated with single curve + matrix and now its alright. Thanks again

can’t help it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS