Recalibration after W10 updates?

Home Forums Help and Support Recalibration after W10 updates?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xservi
    Participant

Hello,

Is a recalibration needed after the somewhat recent Windows 10 bugs with calibrated machines on color profiles and gamma problems that was noted by Eizo’s site? I just want to give myself a heads up. The workstations’ OS I need to check haven’t updated yet so their calibration is still fine, but if they need recalibrating after the update then I need to set aside time for them in advanced

Thanks!

Vincent
    Participant

a ) Visual inspection of a grey gradient in non color managed app (MS Paint), to spot calibration issues that you did not have before.

b ) Measure/validation report.

Less than 5 mins and you will be sure about your display’s behavior.

xservi
    Participant

a ) Visual inspection of a grey gradient in non color managed app (MS Paint), to spot calibration issues that you did not have before.

b ) Measure/validation report.

Less than 5 mins and you will be sure about your display’s behavior.

Thanks. I looked up what Eizo reported before during when 1903 came out and it mentioned icc profiles not loading and banding. For some reason I thought it affected color so I probably remembered wrong. I’ll check it with a gradient chart when the time comes (when the update forces the machines out of 1809), though I haven’t come across anyone saying urgently to recalibrate all your machines after 1903/1909 with fixes so I guess I should expect things to be normal?

The validation report. I have to uncheck simulation profile & check apply black output offset right in order to check against its own previous calibration? I haven’t done this in a while so I don’t remember what the proper settings were.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by xservi.

Vincent
    Participant

AFAIK 1909 works fine, no issues so far.

Regarding profile validation, if you wish to be sure that all is OK or that your current calibration has not aged too much, default one with no simulation profile. WP is one of the first things to go off as calibration “ages”. For monitors with grey issues (which are not Eizos usually) grey geutrality goes off too.
    I mean, this is not a specific advice for 1903/1909. It’s a generic advice for people who want to test their current monitor calibration & profile.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS