Recalibrating some months later

Home Forums Help and Support Recalibrating some months later

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

xservi
    Participant

After the recent FCU windows 10 update, some several nvidia drivers update, and displaycal updates, I thought it would be a good idea to recalibrate my monitors just in case, though I did read that none of those should affect the profiles with DVI monitors (since they default to 0-255 colors in drivers). Argyllcms also did not update since then.

I noticed that in some grays there is a very, very slight color cast in the middle values now in the newer calibration in srgb grayscale test images. This could just be my eyes’ bias.  The older profile is about 3 months old but looks slightly more “right” in my eyes. There were no hardware changes besides that I have a newer external harddrive plugged in, lighting setup and placement of the i1 display is about the same. Displaycal settings were also the same (all default except Correction: White LED LCD). In this case, how do I know which to trust?

Thank you

Vincent
    Participant

You can inspect TRC curves from the newer profile. If one channel goes a liltle wild, it should be threre if the profile is accurate (3xTRC with enough meassurements)… even color managed programs could try to fix that kind of casts if they have enough precission (high bitdepth and dithered output on screen like Lightroom/CaptureOne).

You can do the same kind of inspection with the old profile.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Vincent.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS